NEXT GENERATION ST-G 220 DRIVER FROM MIZUNO DELIVERS THE ULTIMATE IN ADJUSTABILITY AND BALL SPEED
Mizuno, the Japanese equipment manufacturer founded in Osaka in 1906 has announced the latest generation of its ST Series driver, the ST-G 220, will be made available from September 2021.
Building on the success of the ST-Z and ST-X drivers and featuring Mizuno’s new SAT2041 Beta Ti face and complex carbon construction to deliver both potent ball speeds and a dense, satisfying sensation at impact, the ST-G 220 driver adds unparalleled adjustability to the mix for super-precise fitting.
Mizuno’s ST-G 220 driver has shorter lateral weight tracks allowing a new center/back weight port. The combination of three tracks and two moveable weights mean the ST-G can be transformed from ultra-low spinning bomber to a highly playable mid-spinning option, with fade or draw bias in both.
“Having that little bit of extra adjustability is especially useful out on tour – where we can fine-tune a player’s flight. Or make an adjustment for a particular tournament when the player doesn’t want the feel of a completely new driver,” says Chris Voshall,
The evolution to the ST-G 220’s weight locations offers a rare combination of both backspin and fade/draw adjustability options. Traditionally, adjustable drivers have been more effective at just one of those tasks. In every setting the ST-G 220 delivers impressive performance from off-center strikes, with consistent feedback across the varying weight positions.
“The ST-G 220 has so much more effective movement of weight along both the X and the Z axis,” added Voshall. “We can set it to be very low spin, a more playable mid spin, heavily fade or draw biased and just about anything in-between.”
Like the ST-Z and ST-X, the ST-G 220 driver also features Mizuno’s latest SAT2041 Beta Ti face. SAT2041 stands for Super / Alloy / Titanium / 20% Vanadium / 4% Aluminum / 1% Tin and it offers 17% more tensile strength and 8% more flexibility than traditional 6-4Ti.
Additional features and benefits:
- Modern Player’s Profile: Deeper faced, shorter back to front but using the full capacity 460cc head size.
- New Multi-thickness CORTECH Face: Refined to maximize the return from Mizuno’s Beta Ti face. Ball speeds most noticeably improved low on the clubface.
- New dual weight center slot: Allows 2 central back weights for deeper CG capability – higher stability, launch and spin.
- Greater draw / fade bias: Increased separation between lateral weight tracks.
- Consistently Solid Feedback: A tighter range of feel and sound across the weight settings.
- Quick Switch Adjustability: 4 degrees of loft adjustability (7-11 degrees) to fine-tune look and trajectory.
- Optimized Wave Sole: Delivers an additional contribution to ball speed from low on the clubface.
Mizuno has strived to “create the best products for consumers” for 115 years, and the new ST-G driver adheres firmly to that original spirit and desire, while offering the best performance benefits that modern technology can bring. #ReachBeyond
The ST-G driver will be available at retail from October.